The assignment to not talk again was EXTREMELY hard. I did not think that this was going to be that hard but I was strongly mistaken. There were many words or phrases that I could not convey with illustrations. Many people did not know we had the assignment and it was difficult sharing with them what we were doing. I was grateful for the teachers that would share with others why we could not talk and also those who were understanding. There were some teachers who would not go along with this experience and I was very upset with them because it was not hurting them in any way.
During my day of no talking, I was on my way to 5th hour. In 5th hour, I am an office aid. When Tina, Paige, and I arrived, we soon realized that none of us could talk. One of the tasks we have to do in office aid is answer phones and none of us could. The secretaries were understanding and let us continue our assignment, but asked why we were given this assignment. It was very difficult to illustrate and act out why we were doing this besides that it was an assignment. They enjoyed guessing though and said that we made the office very interesting that day.
Through this experience, I have learned that I am very thankful that we are given the gift to talk. At the end of the day, I couldn't stop talking. I also learned that I never want to go a day without talking again. I love talking. I am glad that I completed the assignment, but am even more glad that it is done.
Katie- this reminds me of our lunch table where nobody could talk. Its hard finding new mediums of communication, especially if you have to use the phone. I also had to try to explain the purpose of the assignment to Mr. Kratz when I was student aiding. He also got a kick out of it. You did a good job making this blog relatable :) good job!
ReplyDelete